[ANNOUNCE] FIAIF version 1.5.0-1

Anders Fugmann email hidden
Thu Jan 2 15:33:05 CET 2003

Bill Babcock wrote:
> The only issues I see are when trying to use WATCH_IP:
>
> [snake fiaif]# /etc/init.d/fiaif restart
> FIAIF ver. 1.5.1-2, by Anders Fugmann (C) 2002
> Clearing all rules: Done.
> Configuring zone: EXT INT1Bad argument `10.1.0.3'
> Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
> Error: iptables -A -s 10.1.0.3 -j LOG_WATCH
> Bad argument `10.1.0.3'
> Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
> Error: iptables -A -d 10.1.0.3 -j LOG_WATCH
>  INT2
> *** FIAIF encountered errors ***
> 0 error(s) when testing zone configurations.
> 0 reference(s) to undefined zones.
> 2 iptables rule generation error(s).
>
> Deleting unused chains: Done.
>
> Which leads me to a question - the iptables line there shows no chains
> defined - is this normal when using the WATCH_IP directive in a zone
> file?
Not at all - It is indeed an error. I have found and corrected a bug in
the code for WATCH_IP rule generation, though it is not the same error
as you are seeing. Could you send me your configuration files in order
for me to find you why you see this error. I have put up a new beta
version of FIAIF (version 1.5.2-0pre1), in which the bug for WATCH_IP
have been corrected, but as i said, it is not the same bug as you have
reported here (though very close).

Please report back you findings and, if possible, send your fiaif
configuration files.

Regards
Anders Fugmann