[ANNOUNCE] FIAIF version 1.5.0-1

Bill Babcock email hidden
Sat Jan 4 14:20:54 CET 2003

   Bill Badcock wrote:
   > > Configure fiaif and remove the line 'DONT_START=1'
   > > from /etc/fiaif/fiaif.conf, then execute
   > > '/etc/rc.d/init.d/fiaif start' to start fiaif.
   > > /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.14338: line 1: fg: no job control
   > > error: %preun(fiaif-1.5.1-2) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
   > > /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.14338: line 1: fg: no job control
   > > error: %preun(fiaif-1.5.1-3) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

   Hmm, don't you -sometime- get that error when you login?
   It means your shell's job control is disabled (can't use Ctrl+C to
   interrupt or Ctrl+Z to stop a process). The solution is usually to
   downgrade your util-linux RPM package version.
   No warranty, though.

Hmm - actually: no. never.

I am well aware of what job control is, and in fact, I use it all the
time. :-)

So, if you trust that I actually am knowledgable of this, then that
isn't the answer.

   Anyway, I doubt this is actually related to fiaif at all.

It only _ever_ happens when addressing the rpm for fiaif. Really -
I've been using Redhat since version 4, and (SunOs since version 4.1.3
- just to date myself, fwiw) - this is the first time I've seen this.

My desktop at home, and at work is RH - 8 at home, 7.3 at work - I
don't use windows unless I need to (a rarity).

Not to get into a pissing match about who's the bigger unix geek -
really - just trying to establish a background for my report.

Further, as I noted, this didn't happen with the 1.4.x fiaif rpm, only
the 1.5.x versions (since some changes to address Mandrake were made,
fwiw - that seems to be the only thing I recall in the changelog as
pertinent).

No flame intended - if the need to flame is present, feel free to
address that off the list.

:-)

- bill

--
                       b i l l   b a b c o c k
               b i l l @ b i l l b a b c o c k . c o m

   If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it
			       poorly.
		     -= http://www.despair.com =-