[ANNOUNCE] FIAIF version 1.5.0-1

Bill Babcock email hidden
Sat Jan 4 19:41:18 CET 2003


   Bill Babcock wrote:
   > 
   > As an fyi, when I updated to 1.5.2-0pre3 via 'rpm -Uvh', after the
   > installation went to 100%, the post install script stuff got hung in a
   > pause - at least that's what strace showed.
   > 
   > I tried to erase and start again and the erase showed this:
   > 
   > [snake src]# rpm -e fiaif-1.5.2-0pre3
   > /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.79027: line 1: fg: no job control
   > error: %preun(fiaif-1.5.2-0pre3) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
   Ok. I guess this has something to do with the '%_preun_service fiaif' 
   line, as this is the biggest change from 1.4.5 -> 1.5.0. I have put up a 
   new version (1.5.2-0pre4), which remove the usage of %_preun_service. 
   Please test - I guess that you will still see the error on the old 
   package when upgrading, but then all should be in order.

I've found a thread in redhat's bugzilla that seems to point squarely
at this problem:

http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/long_list.cgi?buglist=68056

I've gone through some of the steps iterated there and then I had to
go through them again after running the upgrade to 1.5.2-0pre4, but
additional package testing seems to be ok.

Wacky...

   I have changed the dependancy on iptables to >= 1.2.6a as you say that 
   this causes no errors.

I'm curious if anyone else see's errors?

It may just be the case that I haven't yet...

   > I'm wondering if this is getting wedged when trying to write out the
   > /etc/fiaif contents - I noticed a make bug in the tarball (which I
   > downloaded and tried at one point). I apologize for not finishing
   > tracking that down and reporting it; it was barfing on the
   > install-config part, fwiw. I'll try to look at that over the weekend.

   I would really like to hear what you ahve found in the tarball.

Sorry - it was the install-initd target in the Makefile that barfed:

First, a 'make -n' just to see what would happen:

[snake fiaif-1.5.2_0pre4]# make -n install-initd
if [ -d /etc/rcS.d/ ] ; then # Debian (?) \
        if [ ! -f /etc/rcS.d/S09fiaif ] ; then \
                ln -sf ../init.d/fiaif /etc/rcS.d/S09fiaif \
                fi \
        elif [ -d /etc/init.d/ ] ; then # FHS (?) \
                if [ ! -f /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S09fiaif ] ; then \
                        ln -sf ../init.d/fiaif /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S09fiaif \
                        ln -sf ../init.d/fiaif /etc/init.d/rc5.d/S09fiaif \
                fi \
        elif [ -d /etc/rc.d/ ] ; then # SuSE / RedHat(?) \
                if [ ! -f /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S09fiaif ] ; then \
                        ln -sf ../init.d/fiaif /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S09fiaif \
                        ln -sf ../init.d/fiaif /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S09fiaif \
                fi \
fi


Then the real deal:

[snake fiaif-1.5.2_0pre4]# make install-initd
if [ -d /etc/rcS.d/ ] ; then # Debian (?) \
        if [ ! -f /etc/rcS.d/S09fiaif ] ; then \
                ln -sf ../init.d/fiaif /etc/rcS.d/S09fiaif \
                fi \
        elif [ -d /etc/init.d/ ] ; then # FHS (?) \
                if [ ! -f /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S09fiaif ] ; then \
                        ln -sf ../init.d/fiaif /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S09fiaif \
                        ln -sf ../init.d/fiaif /etc/init.d/rc5.d/S09fiaif \
                fi \
        elif [ -d /etc/rc.d/ ] ; then # SuSE / RedHat(?) \
                if [ ! -f /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S09fiaif ] ; then \
                        ln -sf ../init.d/fiaif /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S09fiaif \
                        ln -sf ../init.d/fiaif /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S09fiaif \
                fi \
fi
/bin/sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
make: *** [install-initd] Error 2

A couple of things: under RH, since 7.x, there is no /etc/init.d/rc*.d, but
rather /etc/rc.d and /etc/init.d, where the latter is a link to
/etc/rc.d/init.d.

Given that, the second elif is matched, but the dirs are wrong, and
so that would be wrong.

I would have to have a wider range of linux to test on to suggest the
best solution, but under redhat, there is a file /etc/redhat-release
which could be checked for, and then cased on.

Additionally - make gets unhappy, in my experience, with comments w/in
targets, and there were some shell things that needed to be corrected in
that target. I made some changes that seemed to address the issue with
that target - see the attached unidiff.

- bill

-- 
                       b i l l   b a b c o c k
               b i l l @ b i l l b a b c o c k . c o m
                w w w . b i l l b a b c o c k . c o m

  Mediocrity: It takes a lot less time, and most people won't notice
		 the difference until it's too late.
		     -= http://www.despair.com =-


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 2380 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.fiaif.net/pipermail/fiaif/attachments/20030104/6056c443/attachment.obj 


More information about the fiaif mailing list