[ANNOUNCE] FIAIF version 1.5.0-1

Bill Babcock email hidden
Sat Jan 4 20:19:09 CET 2003

   > I would have to have a wider range of linux to test on to suggest the
   > best solution, but under redhat, there is a file /etc/redhat-release
   > which could be checked for, and then cased on.
   FIAIF cannot support all kind's of distributions (different version of
   RH, Mandrake, Debian, Suse, PLD, etc.) in the makefile. It would simply
   be too hard to maintain. The Tests for directories seems to be the
   easiest and best.

:-)

I totally understand.

   > Additionally - make gets unhappy, in my experience, with comments w/in
   > targets, and there were some shell things that needed to be corrected in
   > that target. I made some changes that seemed to address the issue with
   > that target - see the attached unidiff.
   Ok. Comments have been removed, and the diff applied.
   I wonder however why the two last tests are so equal. The first tests
   for existance of /etc/rc.d/init.d and the next tests for /etc/rc.d,
   and they do the same. It seems that the 3. test is redundant, which is
   why I have removed it.

I didn't want to mess with what you had as I don't have SUSE or older
RH systems to test against; so I left that in.

- bill

--
                       b i l l   b a b c o c k
               b i l l @ b i l l b a b c o c k . c o m

 The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend
		    to assume you're pretentious.
		     -= http://www.despair.com =-