Routing mystery

Tim email hidden
Wed Sep 3 18:35:45 CEST 2003

Ok, fixed! Actually this came from an old routed broadcasting from an old Mandrake box on the network. Nothing to do with Fiaif at all. Funny how this old Mandrake boxes always want's to be heard! :-)

Regards
Tim

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tim
  To: fiaif at fiaif.net
  Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 11:06 AM
  Subject: Routing mystery

  Hello again.

  I run the zebra router (zebra + ripd) together with Fiaif and kernel routing tables. In the supplied fiaif zone.int conf file there was a reference to extra net 224.0.0.9 This led to the zebra router constantly trying to contact 224.0.0.9 via the internal routing port 520 on eth1. When I got rid of this in the zone.int file zebra stoped trying to reach 224.0.0.9 via eth1. But now zebra (ripd) tries to reach it on eth0 (ext) creating a FIAIF_DROP on port 520. I have tried to flush everything from zebra (ripd) but everytime Fiaif and zebra is started together zebra tries to contact 224.0.0.9. So the question is, is 224.0.0.9 referenced some other place in Fiaif? I have tried to look but can't find anything. So this is a mystery to me!

  Regards
  Tim