Freaking subnetting and so on ....

C.Lee Taylor email hidden
Mon Sep 8 16:28:37 CEST 2003

Greetings ...

    After having FIAIF working very nicely for quite some time, hardware
has to fail and things need to change, and damed if I can get the thing
to work ...

    Getting the following error ...

Sep  8 14:43:41 zeus kernel: [FIAIF_INVALID]:IN=eth0 OUT=eth0
SRC=10.1.1.252 DST=10.1.17.246 LEN=84 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=126
ID=28997 DF PROTO=ICMP TYPE=0 CODE=0 ID=62309 SEQ=4

    Had a zone coming in on another ethernet, and had to change the sub
net to be routed via another computer and then through the firewall so
that I had to change as little as possible ...

    Funny, when I ping my main subnet from within the moved sub net, I
would get the above error and the pings would not come through, but I
could ping every other way sub net ( at least three I tried ) in both
directions ...

    Please could I ask for some help ... I am not routing guru ... but I
am missing something other than my grey matter.

Thanks
Mailed
Lee